• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi From East Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

Saxman

Hello,
I have a small white and brown bird that has been coming to the garden for about 2 weeks it is similar in size to a sparrow but has orange legs darkish beak I have a few pictures that I have taken I cannot find a bird that matches it?

Attachments

• unknown bird 01.jpg
    unknown bird 01.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 43
  • unknown bird 02.jpg
    unknown bird 02.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 42
Hi Saxman and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

That looks very much like a leucistic Dunnock. You can read more about leucism and albinism here in the Opus Dictionary.

Hi Thanks for that, that's why I could not find it in the bird books! I have also seen a white pheasant not to far from home which looks very odd.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi Saxman
Welcome to BirdForum, hope you enjoy things here. I agree with Delia on the species you have in the photo.

There's a thread for all things Yorkshire located HERE.
Keep a check on threads titled Tyke Meet or Yorks Meet, these details times when the BF members are getting together for birding. One that is currently being discussed is HERE
Look forward to reading your posts and maybe seeing you at a meet.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back