• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bulgarian Lakes Autumn Migration (1 Viewer)

I AM GOING TO BOUGAS LAKES IN BULGARIA IN SEPTEMBER 2003 TO SEE THE ANNUAL AUTUMN MIGRATION OF BIRDS BACK FROM AFRICA TO THE NORTHERN EUROPE AREA.

HAS ANY ONE BEEN TO THIS AREA BEFORE AND CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT WAS LIKE ?

DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY ADVICE OR KNOW ANY GOOD LOCAL GUIDES WHO SPEAK ENGLISH.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum!

Guess what, you're the third person asking about Bulgaria in the last week! If you go to the search page and enter 'Bulgaria', you'll find the other threads easily, and get some info from them.

I haven't been to that area myself, but if you want to read my trip report from western Bulgaria from September 2001, it is here:
http://www.birdtours.co.uk/tripreports/bulgaria/bul1/bul-sept-01.htm

Michael

PS your Caps Lock appears to be stuck!

Hi Matt,

I too am (hopefully) going to Bulgaria with up to 5 mates.
Planning on staying in the Sunny beach resort. We'll be there from the 6th until the 13th depending upon what we can book

Mark.

I'm thinking of Bulgaria for the last 2 weeks in September but I'm having difficulty finding packages - availability seems to be the problem (I'm not really surprised given what I've heard about costs once you get there!)

Has anybody found any tour operators/travel agents offering good deals?

Gordon

Try a company called Freedom Direct , they advertise on teletext and can be contacted on the web and by phone, I think they are based in Newcastle on tyne.
www.freedomdirect.co.uk

They are very cheap, I know my wife doesn'y like spending money ! !
Phone them up I am sure they will be able to help you out

Matt

Remarkable that all you people are thinking of doing Bulgaria at the same time! I'm going in September 2004 (haven't booked yet, though) and would love to read your accounts of the trips. I've bought 'Where to Watch Birds in Bulgaria' and it's really mouthwatering stuff. Can't wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back