• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the MAY theme challenge! (1 Viewer)

IanF

This month we return to the fun theme challenges. For May the theme is 'Birds in Flight'

The entry must contain a bird or birds in flight. This includes birds taking off, landing and in flight whether singly or a flock.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification - they will be rigidly enforced. The Moderators decision is final.

Rules -

1. Entry to have been taken in the last twelve months.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry.
3. Entry to be uploaded between 1st-21st midnight (BST).
4. Entry must include a wild bird(s) in flight.
5. Location taken to be included.
6. Maximum of one entry per member.
7. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie. objects should not be added / removed in order to enhance the shot.
8. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date/time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria.
9. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
10. The bird's common name must be given, though please add the scientific too.

Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions 2004 gallery.

A voting booth will be posted after the 21st.

Comments on entries are permitted.

Limits on photo size and kb are now determined by the Gallery limits. 'When taken' is now the last 12 months to assist 35 mm users. A list of the coming monthly themes is available in the Monthly Competitions Forum - however they are subject to amendment and designation as 'prize competition' themes which will appear periodically.

Well, one question, if it's May 1st 12:00 AM and where I live it's 7:00pm April 30th, can I still upload a picture at 7:01PM Eastern Time?

Sorry, I thought it meant 12:00 on all time zones... I'm the dumbest, ain't I?

Any chance we could go back to 2 entries for non-prize competitions? I really enjoyed posting two pictures.

Paulyoly said:
Any chance we could go back to 2 entries for non-prize competitions? I really enjoyed posting two pictures.

We're sticking with one entry per member for the time being. With the increase in popularity of the competitions / theme challenges, two entries per member would encourage too many entries for members to consider when it comes to voting time. Last month we had 110 entries! Though this month's theme may attract fewer entries.

It's something that will be reviewed periodically.

Glen,

If you wish to use that shot, then please upload a second version of it to the competition forum yourself as per the rules. If you don't want there to be duplicate photos in your Member Gallery then let me know and I will remove the earlier one for you.

Ian
I submitted an enty but misspelt the title and cannot amend it!.
Can you change the title from Flaypast to Flypast please?.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back