• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke (1 Viewer)

geordiebeginner

Has anybody any experience of the Hawke range of scopes?

I have seen one for about £200 which looks promising.

I appreciate I am not getting Leica APO for this price, but would the quality be good enough for a beginner?

Cheers.

Recalling a BF post where the Nature Trek ED 80 was a cherry and a lot better than the Frontier ED or Endurance ED (don't remember).

//L

Hmm, me thinks that Hawke Trek ED 80 looks a lot like the Celestron Regal F-ED. Haven't compared the specs side by side yet but the physical package looks almost identical plus the Hawke accepts 1.25 inch astro eyepieces.

Price for the Hawke is just a hair more expensive than the Celestron.

But the Hawkes are a lot lighter, unless their specs are wrong. The Celestron Regals are unfortunately infamous for their heft.

I use a nature trek ed, don't have any problems with it. I think for the money is a decent piece of kit. I know Hawke have been doing rifle scopes for a while and have moved into spotting scopes and bins recently. Don't get me wrong they are not anything near the bigger brands but for me it does the job.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back