• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (1 Viewer)

Thank you so much all of you!
Attached , a couple of Bic pen studies of Feral doves posing up on the tree just outside of my window...

Attachments

• feral-dove-frontal.jpg
    feral-dove-frontal.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Feral-dove-detail.jpg
    Feral-dove-detail.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 100
Yes, they are Quivid! I have to pay them more attention too...
Attached, field studies of Goosander and Greylag goose from our local park, a common buzzard sketched close to a motorway, and a Tawny owl study sketched today morning at Nymphenburg park in Munich...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Greylag-goose (3).jpg
    Greylag-goose (3).jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Goosander-juvenile.jpg
    Goosander-juvenile.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Common-buzzard.jpg
    Common-buzzard.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 105
  • tawny-owl-Nymphenburg-novem.jpg
    tawny-owl-Nymphenburg-novem.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 157
Extremely impressive, as always. I'm especially amazed by the absolutely realistic structure of the birds. The sense of light is incredible...

Thank you all so much for the constant support! Appreciate it a lot!
Attached my latest Bic pen studies, a dove from the neighbourhood, and Siberian eagle owl & Indian Rhino from the Munich zoo...Happy creative new year to everyone!

Paschalis

Attachments

• Siberian-eagle-owl-hellabru.jpg
    Siberian-eagle-owl-hellabru.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 93
  • Feral-dove-study.jpg
    Feral-dove-study.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Indian-rhino-female-resting.jpg
    Indian-rhino-female-resting.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 88
I have missed some truly great postings. My favorites are the owls and the gulls. Thank you so much for sharing your drawings!

Thank you Jenny, thank you Colleen!
Attached , something in colour now, a lowland gorilla study in watercolour painted today morning in Munich zoo...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Lowland-gorilla-2014.jpg
    Lowland-gorilla-2014.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 108
I had the chance to visit the zoo once again last Monday, and because of the limited time I couldn´t start something in colour, but I did at least several b&w drawings...By the way, these are my first ever peacock studies..Though , a common sight everywhere in the zoo, never tried to sketch them before..

Paschalis

Attachments

• lowland-gorilla-feed.jpg
    lowland-gorilla-feed.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Peacock-1.jpg
    Peacock-1.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Peacock-2.jpg
    Peacock-2.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Peacock-3.jpg
    Peacock-3.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Rhinoceros-iguana-above.jpg
    Rhinoceros-iguana-above.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 77
Thank you all! Attached a coloured study of the Fishing cat , painted on location in Munich zoo a couple of days ago...Gouache

Attachments

• Fischkatze-gouache.jpg
    Fischkatze-gouache.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Jenny & Adam thank you so much!
Back from the zoo once again, where despite the nice company and the good weather I didn`t get the results I wished to have...The lions weren`t cooperative enough and the frustration was rising...At least I tried my luck with the Red jungle fowl and I didn`t regret it at all! Attached, the failed lion studies, and the rooster..

Attachments

• Lion-1.jpg
    Lion-1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Lion-2.jpg
    Lion-2.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 104
  • Lion-3.jpg
    Lion-3.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 86
  • Red-junglefowl.jpg
    Red-junglefowl.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 95
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back