• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The last post... (1 Viewer)

Really, really, sorry to hear this news. Many thanks for all the postings over the years, you've been a wonderfully reliable source of information, purveyor of tidings, detailed and thorough analyst. I hope the forum will continue to excite and enrich you far into the future, as you have it.

Keith

Oh my Richard... I really am so sorry to hear your news.

Many thanks for all the help you've given, not just to me, but particularly to me!! All the best lad.

That is sad news indeed. I'm sure you'll be missed beyond this subforum alone (but hey, keep lurking awhile yet ... ;) )

All the best to you and yours. Take care.

Richard, your sterling efforts in keeping us informed of taxonomic developments and flagging up important papers has been a mainstay of Birdforum. Thank you so much for your dedication!

Stu

So sad to hear Richard. I've become largely a lurker myself, but you have been my favorite poster over the years. Your input will be greatly, greatly missed. All the best to you!

Richard,
thank you for everything you have given to this forum and the rest of birdforum as well as in other ways.

Do not loose hope!

Niels

Thank you for your hard work, I will try to make my future postings more Richard Klim-like, showing intelligence humor and civility.

Very sorry to hear your news, Richard. I feel like you've become the "prime poster" on this forum and I will greatly miss your posts and your presence here.

Best wishes
Liam

Thank you for your hard work, I will try to make my future postings more Richard Klim-like, showing intelligence humor and civility.

Perfectly said. Another lurker here, but I have always enjoyed the voice of reason in your posts...one of the mainstays of BF. Of course nobody is irreplaceable....but you are !. All the best.

Richard: like many already mentioned, you are/were the main reason why I visit(ed) this subforum. Your contributions were always very thourough.

Very sad to read about your illness: I wish you all the best. You will be missed.

Agree whole-heartedly with everything said already - sincerest best wishes for (at least) no further deterioration in health, and, if at all possible, please throw in the occasional contribution in the future.

Hi Richard

As someone who has had the pleasure of birding with you, and Erica, and shared many laughs (remember the election!), I can only echo what others have said. I have frequently updated checklists etc following your informative posts - you have been a mine of information. I would like to send my best wishes and also those of all here at BQHQ.

All the best

Pete

Best wishes, good luck and thanks for all the BF postings over the years; a calm voice of reason was always welcome amongst the more strident and opinionated contributors����
Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back