• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New book: Birding hotspots in the Algarve - At the heart of Ria Formosa (1 Viewer)

Gonçalo Elias

avesdeportugal.info
Portugal
"Birding hotspots in the Algarve – At the heart of Ria Formosa" has just been released.

This is the fourth volume of the series "Birding hotspots in the Algarve". It contains a description of the most interesting places for watching birds in the central part of the Ria Formosa, comprising the municipalities of Faro and Olhão, as well as some surrounding areas.

Other titles in this series are:
Volume 1 – Around Lagos
Volume 2 – Castro Marim and Vila Real de Santo António
Volume 3 – Tavira and the north-east

Forthcoming titles:
Volume 5 – The hills of Barrocal and Caldeirão – due September 2018
Volume 6 – Albufeira and around – due December 2018

The remaining three volumes, covering the areas of Portimão-Lagoa, Monchique-Aljezur, and Sagres-Vila do Bispo, are expected to come out in 2019.

Attachments

• himhim-capa 'at' final 1pag.JPG
    himhim-capa 'at' final 1pag.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 43
Hi Andy,

Yes, I have plans to do that, but only after the series is complete. If I manage to finish the last volume until the end of 2019, the global volume might be available in spring 2020.

Best regards,
Gonçalo

Hi Goncalo, have you thought about doing the Sagres volume next? That area has become very popular with birders recently as (u will know) so there should be some demand for it.
Cheers, Mike the Bike. :)

Hi Mike, I am aware that the Sagres area is currently very popular but I still need to gather some information from that area before finishing the corresponding volume. It won't be ready before the next autumn but I hope to be able to make it available in April 2019 or so, in time for the following autumn.

Best regards,
Gonçalo

Hi Goncalo, have you thought about doing the Sagres volume next? That area has become very popular with birders recently as (u will know) so there should be some demand for it.
Cheers, Mike the Bike. :)

Hello Mike, I can now confirm that the Sagres volume will be released next month, most likely around 15th July.

best wishes,
Gonçalo

The second edition of this book is now available (the first edition was in April 2018).

This new edition contains the most updated and complete information for anyone wishing to discover the birds of the Ria Formosa (mainly around Faro and Olhão). Contents have been fully revised, new hotspots have been added and GPS coordinates have been included in the text.

Attachments

• capa vol 4 - 2 ed - red..png
    capa vol 4 - 2 ed - red..png
    253.2 KB · Views: 9
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back