• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Perching on my bicycle... (1 Viewer)

MBP

Yesterday the current owner of our balcony (and the feeder on there) perched on the basket of my bicycle for at least 15 minutes. I know it sounds silly, but somehow I was really proud... It was pouring quite heavily here yesterday, so probably he (a gorgeous adult male Anna's) was looking for a dry spot to watch the feeder and the street. I took pictures like crazy, but then by mistake downloaded only the first four very bad (underexposed) ones which depressed me the whole evening...

Attachments

• on_bike2.jpg
    on_bike2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 228
I'd be lucky to get a good picture of a bird at all: often, I'll press the shutter button when the bird is in just the right position, forgetting that it takes the camera a couple seconds to actually go off, and by that time, the bird has usually moved or flown away. So, it's a game of chance.

What happened to the photos you didn't download? Did they get deleted? And, by the way, did you snap that photo through a window? I've been trying to photograph a female Anna's who's been flitting about my yard, but the window and storm window make the photos look hazy: quite possibly from reflections of things I have just inside by the window. I'd go outside, but it's cold and rainy: typical for the NW this time of year.

Underexposed or not, that's still a nice photo. I love hummingbirds. :)

Housefinch,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I definetly agree that (humming)birds are often hard to catch in a picture. But this guy was sitting there for quite a long time, only his head was moving continuously. I took about 60 pictures, and I thought I did download them all. But somehow I did not, except for the first four pictures, and I had not adjusted exposure by then, not knowing how long he would sit there. The others are definetly gone, because we formatted the card again...

I snapped all images through the window. I turned off the lights inside before, because reflections are always on the side with the brighter light. The only problem was dirt on the glass - I should clean that soon in case he wants to sit there again!

Have a nice day, MBP

Have you got a recovery program some of the disk come with one the sandisk do. Even if it has been formated I have found I can recover some.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back