• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A new compact camera? (1 Viewer)

duncan1

:hi I am after a compact camera to do a little digiscoping- Although my scope may not be the best to do this (Olivon 64) it can and does a half decent job under the right conditions.BTW. I have a universal CA as well as a DCA that came with the scope..

My problem is that I'm getting more than a little confused with the vast & ever changing array of cameras out there. Ideally, the camera would also do double duty for everyday use as well. Budget wise - probably up to (C $500+<) I have seen the Canon s95 /S100 & that loooks quite promising..

Could I call on the collective wisdom of the forum for their imput as to what works for them???

Thanks in advance

Duncan

Duncan,
There is certainly a lot of choice out there these days in your price range. I had a play with the Canon S100 last week and it is a nicely full featured camera which you would always have with you ( I used to have the S90 which was great). A good digiscoping/general purpose choice.
You could look at some of the Panasonics also as Gene mentioned.
Neil

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back