• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdwatching on the river Beaulieu (1 Viewer)

George London

I've been lucky enough to have been invited to spend a day on a boat on the river Beaulieu, coming in from the sea.

Can anyone tell me, are there many birds around at this time of year? I can't decide whether its worth taking my camera, or whether I should save on weight and just take the bins.

Thanks for any advice, George

I've been lucky enough to have been invited to spend a day on a boat on the river Beaulieu, coming in from the sea.

Can anyone tell me, are there many birds around at this time of year? I can't decide whether its worth taking my camera, or whether I should save on weight and just take the bins.

Thanks for any advice, George

Well, the waders are starting to return (Whimbrel, Common and Green Sandpipers, Curlew Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper all reported from the next River along the coast recently), there was a Caspian Tern at Lymington today, and an Osprey over Hachet Pond yesterday. Also there are lots of Mediterranean Gulls along the coast. So I'd say, take your camera!
David

If you take your camera you'll probably see something you wished you'd taken it for.

If you don't take your camera you probably won't see anything worth photographing.

;)

If you take your camera you'll probably see something you wished you'd taken it for.

If you don't take your camera you probably won't see anything worth photographing.

;)

Other way round Dan. You can almost guarantee that if you don't take your camera you'll get unbelievable views of something special. 'Sods Law' really exists.

Chris

Other way round Dan. You can almost guarantee that if you don't take your camera you'll get unbelievable views of something special. 'Sods Law' really exists.

Oops, yes ;) In my rush to be helpful ...

Only been to Beaulieau once, when I was a kid. To the motor museum. Lost one of my wellies in a muddy creek I tried cross.

Oops, yes ;) In my rush to be helpful ...

Only been to Beaulieau once, when I was a kid. To the motor museum. Lost one of my wellies in a muddy creek I tried cross.

Had a nice view of some Green Woodpeckers from the Monorail last year. It's a great place to visit.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back