• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wrens (1 Viewer)

icanhear

Hello birdwatchers- I have seen wrens return every spring for the last several years. This year however, it is mid June and I've neither seen nor heard one single wren. I live in the Chicagoland area. Is this a common occurance?

Which wrens are you asking about? Winter, House, or Carolina? Or all 3?

If Carolina, perhaps bad weather in the winter has reduced the local population; a breeding season or two with some milder winters and they will return.

PS welcome to Birdforum!

I get house wrens in my area. You could be right about weather related. The spring in the whole Midwest was horribly wet and constant severe weather in May

Taking a trip to Northern Minnesota. The lack of Wrens here will quickly be replaced with the sounds of Loons and seeing eagles. Plus the other hundreds of birds that flock to the land of 10,000 lakes! ��

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back