• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Burrowing Owl? (1 Viewer)

jocateme

First of all, sorry for this horrible shot, but I couldn't take a better picture of this owl.
Seen in Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil. I'm thinking of a Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia), especially because it was seen in the daytime. Am I right?

Thanks

Attachments

• Athene cunicularia  1 I.JPG
    Athene cunicularia 1 I.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Yes, back for a bit, lured over by the bookstore opening. Looks like you're moving up in the world-- Gallery Mod! Right up your alley; I'm sure you're doing a bang-up job of it.

I did no birding at all in June here, but I had a good trip to Thailand in March, and finally saw the Eurynorhynchus pygmeus I've never been able to find in Japan. The lone bird was like a glorious mirage, shimmering in the heat out on the sunbaked saltpans at Pak Tale. Unforgettable.

Hope you're well, and have the villa all shipshape.

See you on the threads,

Chas.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back