• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor on north coast of Cuba, north of Santa Maria (1 Viewer)

geogal

A friend of mine was in Cuba on the week of Oct. 18/08 and she sent me this photo of a raptor she saw there, hoping I could tell her what it is. No luck! Does anyone have any ideas?
(... and I apologize in advance if the jpg didn't stick. It disappears every time I preview my post. I won't preview this time!)

Attachments

• Cuba Raptor.jpg
    Cuba Raptor.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Looks like an immature Black Hawk. I think the one in Cuba is now split making it a Cuban Black Hawk (Buteogallus gundlachii)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back