• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meostar S2 82mm APO c/w 30-60mm zoom (1 Viewer)

FOOON

Hi

Looking for advice regarding price of this scope. Currently advertised at £865, which seems almost too good to be true. Am I missing something here?

Any feedback welcome.

Surely sounds too good to be true if it's the real thing, undamaged and no lemon.
I suspect it might rather be a Meopro HD 80 mm, but even then it should be a bargain.

//L

Hi FOOON,

I would be in a hurry to buy this S2 at that price...!!! Is a particular or a shop who offer it?

Hi.....Just saw on web, and thought it was extremely cheap. Have emailed the company selling to check that the details are correct. If they are I'll get as it seems to be an absolute bargain. Will let you know how I get on.

Price seems way to low which usually should throw up red flags.
Be very careful.
Wonder how good those North Korean knock offs are?
Hope it is the real deal and you get a bargain.
Good luck.
Art

OK so bought this at price indicated via a well-known internet seller, and order was cancelled twice!! The reason given was the "shop" had been hacked. Eh ho, nothing ventured etc..

OK so bought this at price indicated via a well-known internet seller, and order was cancelled twice!! The reason given was the "shop" had been hacked. Eh ho, nothing ventured etc..

Oooops - did you enter CC details in there? If yes, talk to your CC company on what to do...

Joachim

Thanks and yes I did, so ultimately no problem. Strange that two different sites were hacked in exactly the same way!! Now looking at the merits of Leica 65 c/w zoom or Kowa 663 c/w zoom. Leica at £1699, Kowa at £899 plus case included. Any thoughts welcome.

I have a Swaro 65mm and the Kowa 663 (last generation).
The Kowa is pretty damn good and works well, just don't compare it to a Leica, Swaro or Zeiss.
For a reasonably priced optic it is great and Kowa probably (just guessing here) has better QC than a lot of the others in this price range.
If I did not have the Swaro I would be perfectly happy with the Kowa.
It is a bit heavier than the Swaro but since I can't walk far from my car it doesn't matter.
I bought it as a gift for my brother but he did not want it...changed his mind after I got it.
Again, note that even though I have the Swaro I am keeping the Kowa.
Try one at a dealer and you will be impressed.
Art

Hi,

between the Leica 65 and the Kowa 663 the main attraction of the Leica would be the new 25-50x wide field zoom. Kowa doesn't have a wide zoom for the small bayonet (probably for technical reasons as the field stop is limited by the bayonet diameter).

I think you won't be disappointed by either one.

Joachim, who still loves his TSN-3

Hi FOOON,

If you can find a Meopta Meostar S1 APO 75 with the 20-60 zoom AND the fantastic 30x WWAngle you are done!
They are not frecuent for sale but some times they appear.

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back