• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Parrots and other exotics (1 Viewer)

The Merlin

Are there any parrot owners on this forum???

Whats the most exotic bird you own???

I have a 2 year old Blue and Gold Macaw named Merlin(go figure!!), a 3 year old Green-cheeked Conure named Baby and a Sun Conure named Maya :king:

I've handfed Merlin since he was 5 weeks old and rescued Maya from outdoors, so I don't know how old she is(I think she under 5 years old).3:) :t:

Would love to see some picture, Merlin, if you can!!

I bet you'd love the book "The Parrot Who Owns Me" by Joanna Burger. Wonderful read!! Story of a scientist at Rutgers U who becomes the third owner of a parrot, Tiko (I don't know parrots, an Amazon of some sort), and after several years of establishing trust, even becomes the subject of his mating rituals.

I've read it twice now, and enjoyed it thoroughly both times.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back