• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendations for Lewis / Harris (Outer Hebrides) 19th to 26th September 2018 (1 Viewer)

leonardo_simon

I'm going to The Uig area of Lewis (west coast) for a few days rock climbing (on the sea cliffs) in late September and would like to add on a couple of days birdwatching

....where would you recomend please? Venues other than sea cliffs would be particularly ideal as I'll have 5 days of that...

I'll have a car

thanks!

Also wondering whether it might be worth flying in / out of Benbecula so I get a day at each end there +/- North Uist & a ferry ride....might that be a good option?

Also wondering whether it might be worth flying in / out of Benbecula so I get a day at each end there +/- North Uist & a ferry ride....might that be a good option?
I definitely recommend North & South Uist, Benbecula & Eriskay. In North Uist I recommend visiting RSPB's Balranald Nature Reserve and Hosta Beach, in Benbecula I go Birding at Culla Bay and Stinky Bay yes that's what it is called with the amount of seaweed smell. South Uist I recommend Loch Druidiberg and Loch Eynort and Eriskay you can easy walk around. I have never been to Lewis and Harris but there are birds leaflets around.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back