• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Summer Saba Birding (1 Viewer)

wimvdam

Hi,

I will be visiting Saba soon and plan to do a fair amount of birding during the week of June 21 - 27, 2010. I plan on doing the Sulfur Mine Trail, the Sandy Cruz trail and, likely, Mt. Scenery. When on the boat for diving I'll have my bins within reach as well.

At the moment my 'target list' reads:
* Pelagic birds: x-Storm-Petrels, x-Boobies, x-Tropicbirds, Brown Noddy, x-Terns, but especially Audubon's Shearwater (this one might require some luck though)
* Inland birds: Scaly-naped Pigeon, Bridled Quail-Dove, Purple-throated Carib, Green-throated Carib, Caribbean Martin, Scaly-breasted Thrasher, Brown Trembler, Lesser Antillean Bullfinch.

Any info on recent sightings or good spots would be greatly appreciated. In return, I will post my trip report about my experiences.

Thanks,
- Wim

Saba birding

Thanks Niels. You're right that ebird does not cover Saba very well. In fact, when I have added my observations of the past few days, I will be the no. 1 contributor species-wise it seems (26 thus far). It just goes to show how much ebird still can grow.

- Wim

Yes it does. It also stresses the importance of visitors entering their observations especially for the Caribbean. I am aware of a single person beyond myself that is really a birdwatcher on the island I live on.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back