• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vagrant Emperors in Kent (1 Viewer)

Hmm.
Walking all over the farmers young crop? You make it sound like I was holding a rave on it etc.....

Sorry for shooting from the hip on this one.
Scarlet Pimpernel has told me in a private message that it wasn't me he was talking about.

I retract my post and apologies for my insulting tone.

Any sightings today?
I won't be able to get down there again til the weekend so I think my chance for the killer photo has gone.

Except I didn't! Well I did get a 'record' shot.
At least you know that you saw it - I was one of those who left the site (others in the car were meant to be back early), and got back too late after a hasty U-turn.:-C

We ended up home late, with none of us having had confirmed views - although I think that brief glimpse of large dragonflies that we all had at different times almost certainly were the target species.

For people into other groups, Cepero's groundhoppers were very common by the edge of the ditch.

Matt I think I spoke to you when you pulled up? Sorry you got such brief views, I'd be pretty p****d off, but I have a feeling you'll get another bash, probably much nearer to Devon, before too long.

Hello Steve, thanks for the Gen - the animal turned up pretty much were you suggested we look. To be honest I went pretty much expecting hell on earth getting there and then dippiong. As it was the journey was OK. Still I was cursing that I was 10 yards the wrong side of the animal when it flew in, and yes, fingers crossed for some more twitchable vagrants further West..

Well if I'd checked the rest of the forum I'd have seen this!
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=198477 :t:

Now I'm narked though - Cepero's all over the shop and yet I didn't see any - Doh! Still at least those *are* in Devon.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back