• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new (used) dslr and funny tinted pics? (1 Viewer)

Young Birder

Or WarThrush
Hi
I recently got a used 40d and I'm really happy with it so far! i've been getting better shots than with my lumix lz30. (I now shoot in RAW)

I have noticed some times a yellow/warm tint in some shots.I don't know what settings are doing this, but some times even when I change them it stays tinted. any ideas? (I would like to know how to get it back as well as get rid of it)

I'm pretty new to this so sorry if the qeustions are stupid. First one is weird tint(chick weka), Male tomtit,Male tomtit again, and father weka.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4290.jpg
    IMG_4290.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4073.jpg
    IMG_4073.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4131-001.jpg
    IMG_4131-001.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4253-001.jpg
    IMG_4253-001.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 64
Hello Young Birder
This sounds like it could be caused by your White Balance setting.
You should be able to find typical settings in your camera menu such as AWB ( Auto ) Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, White fluorescent light , Flash, Custom & K color temp
All the above will change an images appearance. If you shoot in RAW you can change the white balance in post process.

The free software from Canon (Digital Photo Professional - DPP) that should come with the camera has white balance adjustment.

I downloaded DPP from here, follow the link and the instructions on the post. It is the actual program and not an updater. I believe it supports the 40D (I used it for the T4i), and if it doesn't you could try installing the updater for 40D DPP from the 40D page on the Canon website. However I no longer use it, having replaced it by DXO Optics, which is a cheap alternative to Lightroom, which you also may be interested in. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back