• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spreadsheet of British Lepidoptera (1 Viewer)

PaulK

Accident Prone Birdwatcher
Hi Everyone,

Id like to input all my moth and butterfly records into a spreadsheet but cant for the life of me find a downloadable British list on the web. Does anybody know if one exists or where i may be able to find one??

Cheers, PK

Hi
The codes are also the old Bradley and Fletcher ones, i.e. it's not the latest British checklist. Many people use Mapmate as a recording software as it also seems to be the preferred one for sending records in to the County recorder. I'd check with your recorder if there is a preferred format. Lists of recorders can be found here:
http://www.mothscount.org/text/57/county_moth_recorders.html
In Kent, it's Ian Ferguson.
Best wishes
Martin

Hi
The codes are also the old Bradley and Fletcher ones, i.e. it's not the latest British checklist. Many people use Mapmate as a recording software as it also seems to be the preferred one for sending records in to the County recorder. I'd check with your recorder if there is a preferred format. Lists of recorders can be found here:
http://www.mothscount.org/text/57/county_moth_recorders.html
In Kent, it's Ian Ferguson.
Best wishes
Martin

Cheers Martin. Much appreciated. I do send my records to Ian as a spreadsheet that ive put togeather myself. Im in the process of putting my life list together hence the complete list. Many thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back