• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

Phalarope, that was a great group of people we had over the week-end. Everyone was (is) so crazy!

I wish I could have seen that Snowcap. I'll bet that was a real stunner!

Hello, all.

This is my first post here so it might as well be what my most recent life bird was...

A week ago Sunday, at El Dorado Nature Center in Long Beach CA, I got my first Ring-necked Ducks. Probably have seen them many times before but at this time of year, here, both males and females are a bit drab and brown and so, I never paid them much attention. Sunday before last, I just had some time and sat at the back lake for a while. There were 4 of them and I barely noticed them as they were in a large group of American Widgeons and a few Northern Shovlers.

Anyhooo, that's the most recent.

Good Group you have here.

Cheers, Mare :hi:

Hi Mare,

From all the BirdForum Moderators and Administration, Welcome!

We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds.

We hope you find this site enjoyable and rewarding.

Congrats on getting the Ring-necked Ducks!

Arctic Redpoll - Tukums, Latvia - 4th November - a birthday present bird to match the Pallas's Warbler we found in Sussex last year.

I've still got one 'pending' bird - a warbler we photographed in Swaziland last month. If someone IDs this for me, can I count it as my most recent lifer (assuming that it is one)?

Anyone interested can find it on www.avengerpenguins.com - click on the 'photos' link and find the mystery bird gallery.

Now did someone say something about "Northern" Long-tailed Tit?

Cheers

Chris

Hooray - three today (again) - champagne time, and missed out on the chance of a Richards Pipit due to lunch hour restrictions.

Long Tailed Duck - Common Scoter - Slavonian Grebe

In years to come I`m sure i`ll look back and laugh at the excitement of my new additions to the list, but i fear the more days pass by the less appreciative i`ll be of the commoners!

My life bird was last winter when I saw my first Pileated woodpecker. I had been hoping to see this bird for weeks but the elusive woodpecker allways stayed a few trees ahead of me. Then when I was birding in the swamp behind my house I heard cackling like laughter from in the swamp and there it was, my first pileated.

Yellow Browed Warbler at Titchwell.Made extra great becuse it took me 2 days of searching before I finally saw it.

Max.

Today - Red-necked Grebe at East Chevington :t:

And what makes it extra special is the fact that I heard about it and went to the site and I DIDN'T DIP OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! :'D Must be a first!!! ;) * I WILL be a birder yet!!!!!!*

Gill

Reader said:
At my 2nd attempt I have now added Grey-cheeked Thrush to my Lifer list.
Me too. What time were you there? (assuming you're talking about the Northaw bird?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back