• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdless nest (1 Viewer)

midnitesmom

I'm new to this so I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot? A couple of months ago a bird built a nest on our carport under some vines and I believe it is a wren. I sneaked a picture of the inside of the nest and there was one egg after a few weeks of no activity I got a ladder and looked in the nest and the egg was broke. I cleaned it out as well as I could without destroying it. I was wondering if they will come back to it?

Sounds like a Carolina Wren but without knowing where in the USA you are, it's hard to be sure. Sorry, but Lee Co. means nothing to me.

Sorry about not saying what state, as I said I'm new to this. This is my first time ever using any forum. I'm in North Carolina, and I'm all but positive it's a wren I was wondering if anyone new if it would come back and use the nest sense the first egg got broken?

North Carolina makes it almost certainly a Carolina Wren. I doubt if it will come back to the nest but I'm by no means certain. What I do know is that they nest very freely and often close to people or in structures. Watch and you may see this little bird building a new nest close by.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back