• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Martin Mere (1 Viewer)

Sandra (Taylor)

Quick visit to Martin Mere today to look at scopes at the In Focus shop. We have decided on the Kowa ..... I think .... it was between that and the Swarovski.

Had smashing views of two tawny owls (my first this year) high in a tree near the path and watched a kingfisher for a while on its perch near a ditch from the far left hide - whoever discovered them deserves a medal. A guy there had got some really good photos but his scope was pointing almost straight up. Nothing of any note around - but it was good fun looking.

Sandra
:cat:

Quick visit to Martin Mere today to look at scopes at the In Focus shop. We have decided on the Kowa ..... I think .... it was between that and the Swarovski.

Had smashing views of two tawny owls (my first this year) high in a tree near the path and watched a kingfisher for a while on its perch near a ditch from the far left hide - whoever discovered them deserves a medal. A guy there had got some really good photos but his scope was pointing almost straight up. Nothing of any note around - but it was good fun looking.

Sandra
:cat:

Hi Sandra,

I paid my first visit to Martin Mere today, and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Had great views of the Kingfishers, caught 3 fish while I was there. There were also a couple of Buzzards to be seen from the same hide (Ron Barker Hide).

In the Mere were loads of Lapwings and some Black Tailed Godwits a few Oystercatchers.

There are also some Green and Common Sandpipers but I must admit I missed these today.

I also missed the owls, never mind I'll be back!

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back