• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Intermittent problems uploading to Gallery (1 Viewer)

kitefarrago

Hi,

in the last few weeks I've occasionally had problems uploading a photo to the gallery. The error message is this:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.birdforum.net was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

(Up to date version of Firefox on OS X.) If I hit the `Try again' button I get

400 Bad Request
cloudflare

This looks like a server-side problem to me. I can still view in the gallery, comment on pictures, etc, just not upload photos. I've had this a few times in the last couple of weeks, and the next day everything is okay again.

Andrea

Oh Gawd Andrea.... sorry, I've been making enquiries to see if anyone else was having an issue, and I can't find anyone. But, extremely sorry, I forgot to come back to you.

Have you tried a different browser?

Do you mind if I move your thread to the Computer forum, to see if anyone in there can help you?

Dear Delia,

just had the same thing again (didn't try yesterday). It seems that Firefox thinks that there's some jiggery pokery going on. I do use NoScript, but have Birdforum down as trusted.

I'm happy for you to move this thread anywhere it might garner a helpful response!

I had this issue before but it went away again on its own accord, but this time round it seems I'm really stuck with it.

Andrea

Hi Andrea

OK I've moved it to the Computer forum. Hopefully someone will suggest something for you. There is a Mozilla forum you could try too, maybe someone there can assist. They'll likely want some techie info like the version of FF you're using and what OS you have too.

I've had other issues, like not being able to access the PayPal website, and O2 yesterday and someone else (forget who though LOL), also one of the Opus pages won't show the pictures.

Some of these issues are with my laptop though, as Chrome doesn't work for them either.

You could try with Chrome to see if it's a FF issue or your system?

At the moment it's working again (I did restart Firefox, again). I'm using the latest version of Firefox (60) for OS X.

Andrea

Having the same problem again today. Same error message:

The connection to www.birdforum.net was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

There's a noticeable delay while my machine tries to establish a connection with the Birdforum server. I guess I'll leave it at uploading just the one photo today and I'll try again tomorrow. Restarting the browser did not help.

It definitely seems to be a server-side thing.

Andrea

I was experiencing the same problem today. I have set Firefox to tell webpages that I do not want to be followed, and I'm wondering whether this was causing the issue. I've now made an exception for www.birdforum.net, and I could upload pictures to the gallery after that.

Since this behaviour has been erratic it's too early to tell whether this has fixed the issue, but I wanted to document this as something to try for anybody else who might be experiencing this.

Andrea

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back