Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
ZEISS Summer Savings - Experience unique moments of nature. Save up to £250 on selected ZEISS Binoculars - limited time only!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

BTX eye relief ?

Old Thursday 13th June 2019, 20:02   #1
dmcharg

BTX eye relief ?

Hi,

Can anyone offer their experience/thoughts regarding the BTX eye relief and in particular does it have enough eye relief for those who need to wear glasses ? Is the advertised eye relief of 21mm correct ? how does it compare to Swarovski binoculars i.e 8x32 ?

Thanks
Old Friday 14th June 2019, 00:13   #2
DRodrigues

I hadn't problems using the BTX with eye-glasses and I have with the first version of the SLC 15x56.

http://www.pt-ducks.com
Old Friday 14th June 2019, 14:31   #3
safaridreaming

the eye relief matches the Swaro EL's. the eye cups are interchangeable.
Old Saturday 15th June 2019, 15:02   #4
Canip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcharg View Post
Hi,

Can anyone offer their experience/thoughts regarding the BTX eye relief and in particular does it have enough eye relief for those who need to wear glasses ? Is the advertised eye relief of 21mm correct ? how does it compare to Swarovski binoculars i.e 8x32 ?

Thanks
In my tests, the BTX offered sufficient eye relief for eyeglass wearers.

I observe without glasses, but tried "for fun" to observe with my usual daytime glasses, but also with some relatively thick reading glasses (see pic), and I could easily see the entire field of view (of course, only with the eyecups in their "fully in" position).

Naturally, I cannot confirm that the BTX will work with ALL glasses, so you may need to check yourself, esp. if you happen to wear very thick glasses.

Canip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	697731  
Old Sunday 28th July 2019, 21:20   #5
shortslide

Hey everyone. I am having no issues wearing my glasses with my new BTX. I also have Swaovski EL 8 x 32 bino's and would say the eye relief feels the same as the BTX. No issues either way. That said, I often remove my glasses and let the optic correct my vision. Meaning focus with my glasses on is far different than with them off. One less piece of glass (my eye glasses) getting in between my subject and me. If you know what I mean there.

Question for you all, and applogies in advance if this becomes a thread hyjack. My BTX has an 'aiming aid' which helps to line up the subject with the optic. Aiming aids are sometimes a hollow plastic tube - you find the subject with the aiming aid which aligns the entire optic onto the subject. When I look through the BTX aiming aid, all I see is a white dot with lines running out from the center dot. But you can't see anything thru the aiming aid. Looking at the aiming aid from the other side, you see what appears to be a white plastic (almost waxlike) substance on the front of the aiming aid. It's almost as if the white substance needs to be removed prior to first use. But nothing in the user manual about this plastic coating. I may call customer service tomorrow. But would appreciate any help here
Old Friday 16th August 2019, 07:08   #6
Jason44

Hello shortslide
I follow what you mean about the white plastic substance on my BTX also. I think it is just part of the design, as I have no problems using the aiming aid with the white plastic substance there. Be interesting to here what SONA customer service tells you.
Great piece of gear the BTX.

Jason
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: