• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help needed Machu Picchu Pueblo Peru (1 Viewer)

Paul Tavares

I'm having trouble identifying this small bird. Images taken in the gardens at the Inka Terra Hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo. Should be a slam dunk. Small bird, yellow belly, blue cap, yellow eye but I haven't been able to find a match in my Birds of Peru book. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Paul

Attachments

• PT0_6510.jpg
    PT0_6510.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 50
  • PT0_6515.jpg
    PT0_6515.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 27
  • PT0_6519.jpg
    PT0_6519.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 22
  • PT0_6516.jpg
    PT0_6516.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 27
Has to be pygmy-tyrant or similar

Niels

Neils, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think it is a Common Tody-flycatcher. The colour in the book shows a gray back and cap but an internet image search shows quite a few images with the same characteristics as my images.

Thanks for the help
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back