• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

unknown flowers (1 Viewer)

hummingbird2

I took a picture of the cute little flowers that bloom up from the grass every summer in this one location. The picture really doesn't do these flowers justice, very colorful pink white petals.They bloom up low to the ground right out of the grass.

bluepinkB.jpg

It does seem a lot like it, but as the picture shows even down on knees couldn't make out any foliage, it was like coming up as if from a bulb type plant. Bulb plants though have foliage and this foliage must be very low down so now that have leaf i.d. to go by it could help.Thanks!

I think it could be because the species you mentioned is stoleniferious and so little plant-let's are just popping up here and there spread out, just not as obvious like strawberries or spider plants. HMM! I wonder about the verigated flowers and if could make a hybrid! :p

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back