• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your PC coping with the recent hard weather? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
Using my home PC for the first time in a month or so, had a free AVG anti virus added while away and PC seems slow and sluggish, frequent crashes and lost internet connections....not sure if it's PC related or due to the bad weather we seem to be having at present?

Matt

My internet connection fluctuates a bit in wet weather, however as it is thick with snow and minus silly degrees here at the mo, everything is ok. I'm not looking forward to the thaw though!
AVG doesn't normally slow down the computer. My wife and two sons all use AVG free and haven't commented on it causing any problems lately. I use a paid for security suite as I have to do a lot of work over the net, not just browsing, once I stop having to do the work then AVG Free here I come.

Why not take off the free AVG and put on one of the other free ones like Avira or Avast or the Microsoft Essentials and see what happens?

I thought it was time for a new machine until I changed from AVG to Avast!

Just done the same thing with my wife's machine and she reports a definate increase in speed.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back