• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

thank you (1 Viewer)

bigcypress

to the ''bird forum for a ''happy birthday'' , number 78 . we had a couple phoebes nest on porch last and raise four young . this year they showed up , built two nests and haven't seen them since . we have wrens and robins nesting in back . had a pair of orioles show up for two days , as always . had a pair of rose breasted grosbeaks show up , again as always , but instead of all summer they were just here a couple days . also have a pair of catbirds daily . two pair of canada geese , one with two young and the other with six . the blue heron has been here seldom this year which is both good and bad . it keeps our fish safe but permits an excess of chipmunks which the heron has often dined on in past years . i have not visited the forum much because my birding skill level is so inferior to that of you folks i feel like an intruder . . . peace

Please don't feel inferior! We have and welcome birders of all skill levels. I think if you visit more often you will find us a friendly group.
Oh, Happy Birthday!!

Happy birthday! Wow, nice variety of birds you have nesting and showing ... I have to make do with Woodpigeons! Also, I have never heard of Herons eating chipmunks, you learn something every day.

Also don't feel inferior! I am not the best birder but I like using this site to learn and talk to others with the same passion. There are birders of all different skills here and you are very welcome, regardless of your birding ability :)

i think coming here to thank you brought me luck , the phoebes came back and one is sitting on a nest . birds we have i think i left out of earlier comments are : blue jays , cardinals , hairy and downy and red belly woodpeckers , white and red breasted nuthatchs , chickadees , robins , ruby throated hummers , doves , green heron , and usually twice a year for a few days an osprey . maybe i'll be here more often but if i become annoying PLEASE tell me . . peace....EDIT : gold finches

LOL BC The best people have birthdays in June, don't they!!;)

You seem to have a wonderful variety of birds visiting you - and it just goes to show the more you come here and the more you learn, the more birds decide to come to your yard!! Well.... it works summat like that I think.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back