• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Migratory Shorebird For Malaysia.. (1 Viewer)

Dr Manjeet Singh

Dr.Manjeet Singh
One of the two large gulls spotted recently(FEb-27) on the mudflats of Pulau Ketam(Port Klang) has been confirmed as The Heuglin's Gull.The heuglin's Gull (Larus heiglini) was spotted on Feb-27 by a team lead by Wetlands International waterbirds conservation officer David Li to observe migratory birds in a group of mangroves island off Port Klang.I hope it is still there for plain to go there on Sunday- it's only 45mins from my place. :t: Reported by the Star News paper to-day.

Hi Manjeet,

Good luck finding the bird on Sunday! I have travelled to see a couple of state firsts here in Connecticut but the only US first I have chased was a Red-footed Falcon. If you are anything like me I imagine it's going to be a nervous few days while you sit around waiting to try to go see it or perhaps you are a little more level headed? ;)

Luke

You better take a reference picture of it with you just in case you do see it and then talk yourself out of it, that you must have imagined it or it is another type of Gull.

Happy hunting.

Marmot said:
You better take a reference picture of it with you just in case you do see it and then talk yourself out of it, that you must have imagined it or it is another type of Gull.

Happy hunting.
Yes i have to do that a reference book but i am more worried about a convoy of my patients following me there-as it is they complain that since the Doctor got the camera ,every Sunday he is missing-now nowing where i will be on Sunday they may follow JUST TO CHASE THE GULL AWAY. :D B :) As for being on pins and needles you are right Streatham-i am like you.(aH) :stuck: :t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back