• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 1Ds MII formatting SDHC card (1 Viewer)

GiGi

I would be more than interested if anybody has a similar problem or would know of the solution. I upgraded the firmware on the 1Ds MII to 1.1.6 to accoommodate the SDHC 4GB card which as I understand it the upgrade was going to allow the camera to recognise. All has gone well with the upgrade and the camera does operate normally with one or two gb cards. But sadly will not allow me to format the 4GB just saying when I attemp to to do so the message reads unable to format card.

I have a request into Canon for advice but in the meantime if any body has an answer I would be so very grateful

Thanks

Georgina

W. S Inspire the suppliers of the 4GB SD card advised they had spoken to Canon re the upgrade and Canon apparently said the upgrade does not include 4GBSD cards, this is contrary to what appears on the web re their firmware upgrade advice However W.S Inspire kindly replaced the SD card with a 4GB CF card which works perfectly.

Georgina

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back