• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uk Bird Identification Apps (1 Viewer)

Rolstone

I hope that I am posting in the right forum. I currently use 'Birds of Britain Pro', which I like very much. However, I would like a second app.

I quite like the look of 'Collins Bird Guide' but there seem to have been problems with the recent update. Does anyone use the updated version and, if so, is it any good?

I would also be grateful for any advice or comments on bird ID apps for the UK.

Thank you
Rolstone

The Collins guide is excellent. I guess you mean the recent problems with losing access to videos and other bought content though the app. That seems to be fixed now. Although not an app, I'd also recommend the new Helm Guide to Bird ID on Kindle (the update to the original Macmillan Field Guide from the late 80s). If you want to be really keen you could also upload various ID papers on pdf, incl the whole of Birding World which is now available in this format.
Cheers

Matt

Thanks, Matt. Yes I was worried about recent problems. However, given your advice, I will go ahead and buy the Collins app. Not too certain about going the Kindle route.

Rolstone

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back