• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

By Popular Request (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

By popular request, or rather to popular acclaim, and by his own awesome flying and navigation capabilities, I have the considerable honour to announce to BirdForum at large and anyone who missed him on his last two tours in particular, that untagged and unringed, Colin the Cuckoo is once again holding matinees and soirees in the Parish Field at Thursley Common, Surrey.

Personally I was absolutely delighted two Sundays back when the boy flew, calling, from the farthest East side of the common towards and past me, perched in a pine on Shrike Hill, had a good look round and then flew straight as an arrow to the Parish Field. Returning birds are special: returning passerines more so: this is his third consecutive summer on the same territory at Thursley and that I suggest is very special indeed.

One pic from today below.

John

Attachments

• 7T8A3017.JPG
    7T8A3017.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 63
LOL John.

Good old Colin.

Sadly I don't see/hear many round here any more. They still seem to be in good numbers on the West Coast though.

I like the fact that he clearly seems to believe that he has the local togs nicely trained!

I believe he has: certainly I think he won't have to find his own food for a while!

Incidentally while that pic is with a 500mm f4, it is unadjusted and uncropped. Colin is the complete professional artist's model.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back