• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular attachments for cameras (1 Viewer)

Hey!

New birder here!

My main priority is looking at birds, but a few times I've really wanted to take a photo of a spot.

(An example is when I saw a dipper, the day after a conversation with a friend about dippers! I wanted to send my friend a picture...I ended up aligning my phone with the eye piece of my binoculars and taking a (rather blurry) photo that way!).

I certainly do not want to be lugging around heavy equipment, and money is definitely a constraint...so I was wondering if anybody has had success with mounts for connecting your binoculars to a camera/phone camera?

Thank you!

I've done similar - lined my phone camera (Samsung Note 3) up manually with my bins (8×43 Zen-Ray ED3).

There's a shot of some geese I took at a lagoon one afternoon in my gallery. I have to say the lining up was quite finicky (and there is some vignetting evident), but I was pleasantly surprised by the sharpness. I think the caper has some potential.

I have been waiting (in vain) for a decent larger camera sensor upgrade to the Note (the 'telephoto' - pretty much just getting on for normal view - sensors in particular are minute) before upgrading models. Once I do that when a suitable phone appears I will look into a more dedicated secure phone/binocular mounting bracket, and maybe new bins to go along with them - I'm thinking 8 or 10x42 Nikon MHG or ×32 Swarovski SV.

Certainly handy to carry around, and better than nothing. :)

Chosun :gh:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back