• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kenko Pro Field 7x32 porro (1 Viewer)

The descriptions states: "Eco-glass optics, environmentally safe materials," but in the specs it says: ECO Glass - No.

Alas no spec for min-max IPD.

Agreed, a bit more info would be useful. As far as I can see it's only available from sites in the Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Amazon USA. For less than $120 I was hoping one of the 7x fans on the forum might be tempted to find out more. After all, we are pretty sure Kenko makes the 'famous' Sightron BSII, so there is at least a chance it would be worth it.

David

Nice looking Porro, David, I like the large oculars and wide too.

The Kenko company history is quite revealing, and they apparently manufacture scopes for Nikon as well as Sightron.

I'll look forward to seeing your review.

Best wishes,

Agreed, a bit more info would be useful. As far as I can see it's only available from sites in the Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Amazon USA. For less than $120 I was hoping one of the 7x fans on the forum might be tempted to find out more. After all, we are pretty sure Kenko makes the 'famous' Sightron BSII, so there is at least a chance it would be worth it.

David

I almost bit.

Further inspection of the bridge leads me to think its plastic?

This unfortunately for me is a deal killer, don't like when it flexes.

I have dealt with a lot of these cheaper porro's, with use the plastic seems to start to give
causing uneven focus travel.

Its a shame because most are pretty darn good optically.

I like the idea of 7x32 not a lot of options.

Bryce...

PS. Amazon showed 1 left in stock with more on the way?

Bryce,

I really couldn't decide plastic or metal looking at the photos I've found, but you might be right. It's interesting that it looks like there are 15 Japanese companies offering the model through Amazon.

David

I almost bit.

I have dealt with a lot of these cheaper porro's, with use the plastic seems to start to give

Bryce...

Looking at the chassis on the features part of kenkos sight it just appears to be anodized aluminum.

A selection of Kenko binos for birding and marine use are distributed in the UK by Intro2020 in Maidenhead, tel.01628-674411, ring for details, these are not listed in their website.

Intro2020 are also a UK distributor for Steiner.

Three years ago I tried a pair of Kenko 8x30 porro bins at a camera store in Carlsbad, California. As I recall they were priced $99.00 Color was a bit flat and it seemed to flare easily from side lighting.

I almost bit.

Bryce...

I know this is a very old topic but I just looked at the current Kenco web site ..... Lens material made in Japan, complete body description says aluminum made in the Philippiens. Very interesting 7x32 configuration. I am very tempted.

Last edited:
This one has caught my attention a few times while ‘net browsing. Just haven’t brought myself to buy it because I sure it won’t compete with my SE 8x32.
I do like the idea of a 7x32 porro though.

I would take the Nikon Action Extreme 7x35 over the Kenko any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-7237-E...words=nIKON+ACTION+7X35&qid=1584476008&sr=8-2

On this occassion (amazingly) I fully agree that the Nikon mentioned is a fantastic porro prism binocular worthy of denco's praise. I used to love demonstrating this item when I retailed optics. The balance, weight and general handling were brilliant from what I can recollect and the image just very pleasant.
I have not handled the Kenko.

Th kendo appeals because it is a lightweight 7x. The Nikon is heavier.
That is because the Nikon Action 7x35 is waterproof and has more armour on it than the Kenko. If you want lighter weight get the Nikon Aculon 7x35 for less money than the Kenko. I think the Aculon could be the same binocular as the Kenko with a little more armour. They both have aspherical lenses and look similar.

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-8244-A..._1?keywords=aculon+7x35&qid=1584488705&sr=8-1

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 68
  • shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Ah yes, the Aculon is lighter but only 12mm e/r.

I used to own the Action EX 7x35 and I agree that they are nice bins. But I no longer own them because the very fuzzy edges were distracting

Of course the Kenkos may well have poor edge performance as well.

Ah yes, the Aculon is lighter but only 12mm e/r.

I used to own the Action EX 7x35 and I agree that they are nice bins. But I no longer own them because the very fuzzy edges were distracting

Of course the Kenkos may well have poor edge performance as well.
Another inexpensive porro to consider is the much talked about Leupold Yosemite 6x30 for $99.99 on Amazon.com. It has sharper edges than the Aculon or Action. If you can afford another $200.00 and want a much better better small porro get the Nikon 8x30 EII.

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-Yose...1&keywords=leopold+6x30&qid=1584635325&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-Yose...1&keywords=leopold+6x30&qid=1584635325&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back