• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

unknowns from tanzania (1 Viewer)

nikothomsen

Hi guys,

These are from West Usambara Mts near Mambo viewpoint. I have no clue what they are.

Attachments

• D7K_4794-2.jpg
    D7K_4794-2.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 96
  • D7K_4797-2.jpg
    D7K_4797-2.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 78
  • D7K_4821-2.jpg
    D7K_4821-2.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 69
  • D7K_4837-2.jpg
    D7K_4837-2.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 84
If I was forced to have to guess, by a gang of armed thugs, I'd go for something that's actually all black, eg (if it's in the Usambaras) Waller's, Kenrick's or Black-bellied Starling...or maybe a Southern Black Flycatcher or one of the all black boubous at a push. But more than happy, (verging on the ecstatic) to be wrong.

EDIT just seen Tom's post...hmmm, maybe it's not all black then

How about female Mocking Cliff Chat for the bird in #4?

As Tom points out, the undercarriage seems to be red also, and this chat seems to have a red back, at least in some photos. The bill shape and other details seem to me to fit. And according to Stevenson and Fanshawe, it would be in the location.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back