• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

horses (1 Viewer)

Falco peregrinus

these are some horses i drew i just started drawing other
animals besides birds and horses were first because i think horses are amazing creatures and of course all my drawings are open to critique

Attachments

• horses.jpg
    horses.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 133
Lovely sketches - guess these are some of your own special friends! Who was Flint? (please no sad stories!!)

Megan, those are brilliant! Horses are very hard to draw, I think. Harder than birds LOL! Well done.

I'm a bit partial to horses myself, and one of my best local birding spots happens to be a Redwings Horse Sactuary and rehab centre!!

Got to watch ya fingers with some of them though!!!

Nice drawings

Matt

Megan:

What lovely drawings. Horses are hard to draw as they are so muscular in many ways. It is getting to grips with that over everything else.

Just to say, I love horses myself from a young age (6 years old ;) ;) ), so I understand where you are coming from here.

Yours are super sketches and I am proud of you. Just keep practicing and enjoy it, that is the main thing.

I would say if you have a good photographic picture or two of Flint. I would work off that too!.

Have a look at many horse pictures, and it will give you a feel for your subject too.

I look forward to seeing more of your drawings here

Peewit

Last edited:
lovely pictures, and definitely, horses are hard to draw (as are most large mammals - which is why I try to keep them out of my pictures!).

Nice work Megan. I particularly like the design of your sketch page -shows a good eye. I'm also in your 'horse-lover' camp. The top left portrait is very well done - a lovely testimony for Flint.

Hi Megan

Sorry for the slow answer here. I had a feeling that you where going to say something like that about Flint. I am really sorry to hear that.

You have mentioned and sketched Flint - like he was very special to you. :t:

You are good at what you do, so carry on enjoying the freedom to express yourself now :t:

Keep sending us your drawings, as I would love to see more of your work.:t:

Peewit

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back