• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Continuous ink systems help (1 Viewer)

thornlv

Does anyone have any dealings with using a continouos ink system ?

Are they any good, can anyone recommend a good supplier, system

I use the Permajet one on my Epsom 1800 printer. I am highly delighted with it and even more so with the after sales service and technical help from this company

I've used one on my Epson R220 for the last 3 years or so and would definately recommend if you do a lot of printing.
Unfortunately, I cant make out the makers name on mine, but was bought at a local computer fair. At the time of purchase, It cost £60, which included the full 6 cartridge kit which was full of ink and 6 x 250 ML refil bottles of ink.
Also easy to fit.

Don't know what printer you use, but when I installed my kit on the R220, I was advised by a friend to redirect the printers cleansing tube into a container, which could be emptied now and again.
This wasn't because of the continuous system, but was recommended because after a while, the printers absorbant foam would become that socked with ink, the printer would eventually come up with an error and fail to work. It's suprising how much ink is used when the printer does a nozzel clean.

Just had a look and apparently you can now buy a waste ink kit, see link.
Mines just a bit of tube which goes into an empty see through plastic bottle.

http://www.octoink.co.uk/products/Duo-Waste-Ink-Kit-:-Bag.html

Hope this helps.

Brilliant stuff.

Will look at the permajet one, on thinking about it the ink would be the nost important equation.

Scuzz, are you saying you have been using the same ink frror the past three years ?, or have you refilled/resupplied since then

Can anyone comment on how the Permajet ink compares with the ink in original Epson cartridges for the R800/1800 printers when used with Epson Premium Glossy paper.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back