• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Messy Crossbill tidied up. (1 Viewer)

Shaggy2070

I took this shot of a Crossbill the other day and decided to have a bit play with it.
I thought it looked a bit messy with all the twigs and the obscured bird so I did a lot of cloning to tidy it up a bit.

What do you think???

Attachments

• Crossbill 3.jpg
    Crossbill 3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 231
  • Photoshopped Crossbill.jpg
    Photoshopped Crossbill.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 256
Big improvement, but I think the photo would be better yet if you cropped out some of the newly created empty background.

Considering the amount you've removed I'd say you've done a really good job there. Much easier with a uniform background to work with I find. If I hadn't seen the original you would never know (at this size anyway!)

I prefer the retouched version for sure.

TobyH

The second one is definitely an improvement on the first one, however I always feel a bit guilty when manipulating a photo to that extent, another problem is although you've been honest about it, but how many people don't say anything and pass it off as the original?

I suppose in a way I'd almost prefer it if photo manipulation software wasn't about :/

Anyhoooow lovely photo of a beautifull bird

Ryan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back