• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tanzania, Zanzibar Sunbirds & one other - October 1 (1 Viewer)

lvcuer

Rather than sit on the beach, I patrolled the grounds of the resort, mostly trying to get identifiable photos of the Sunbirds - I'm sure some are juveniles or females.

Attachments

• Dlv_3092_Unknown.jpg
    Dlv_3092_Unknown.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Dlv_3136_Sunbird.jpg
    Dlv_3136_Sunbird.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Dlv_3150_Sunbird.jpg
    Dlv_3150_Sunbird.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Dlv_3196_Sunbird.jpg
    Dlv_3196_Sunbird.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Dlv_3202_Sunbird.jpg
    Dlv_3202_Sunbird.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 13
Rather than sit on the beach, I patrolled the grounds of the resort, mostly trying to get identifiable photos of the Sunbirds - I'm sure some are juveniles or females.

I think photo 1 is Zanzibar Sombre Greenbul, see my lightened version of your photo attached.

I would have said the sunbirds are 1 and 4 juv or female Scarlet-chested, and 2 & 3 juvenile Purple-banded.

But again, if I'm wrong, this will raise the thread to the top where someone more skillful will see it.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 7
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back