• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Capital Birding - revived (1 Viewer)

Andy Wraithmell

aka Limeybirder
Been a very good birding year so far in the state capital.

I promise to try and keep this updated as often as I can.

Noteworthy birds present this week include:

Black-necked Stilt (my 4th Leon Co. record) frequenting the cow ponds along Biltmore Avenue.

Least Terns have been spotted at several sites around the city.

Both Swallow-tailed and Mississippi Kites are back at Tram Road spray fields.

Migrants are pouring through. Several backyard feeders are attracting Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and the numbers of Indigo Buntings in town this spring are unprecedented in my 10 years of living here.

Lots of rain has resulted in good shorebird habitat so hopefully the Black-necked Stilt won't be the only unusual shorebird we get this spring.

as always you can follow a lot of what I am seeing on my website. Here is a link to my latest post.

http://limeybirder.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/cow-pond-diary-april-17/

Well I haven't kept my promise have I?

Anyway, a lot of what I see is posted on my blog (see below).

Elliot Schunke and I recently co-founded a new informal bird club here in Tallahassee. We have a Facebook page www.facebook.com/tallahasseebirding and just posted our first newsletter. If any of y'all are in the Tallahassee area we go on birding outings on the second Saturday and last Sunday of the month.

Noteworthy birds in Tally this summer have included

Roseate Spoonbill and Wilson's Phalarope.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back