• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PS Elements 9 to new system. (1 Viewer)

STS

I recently had my old PC's hard drive put into a newer PC's tower, as a slave drive. I installed PSE 9 on the newer PC's hard drive and by getting it to search under 'Files and Folders' in the old drive, successfully copied across all my photos. At a prompt, I then copied over all associated tags, which seemed to work as when I look at them on the newer drive, the individual images have tags on them. However, none of the many different categories for the tags, e.g., 'Birds', 'Flies' etc. etc., that I used to organise my photos, have appeared in the 'Tags' section on the right. So I'm left with 5,000 plus photos and one huge, long list of tags on the right. Not much use for finding things, then.

Any ideas gratefully received; I can't really believe that this is meant to happen. Would it have worked out better if I'd copied my images from my back-up DVDs, which I suppose I could do if I were to delete and repeat?

TIA, Thomas

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back