• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wren nesting (1 Viewer)

WKA

I have watched Wrens building a nest in my Birdhouse and noticed that both the Male and the Female are bringing nesting material.
Is that normal?

According to Cornell Labs both the male and female build the nest. Not sure which type of wren you have in your area, but seems to be so.

Yep, crows do the same. Many nests are built by both of the sexes. Usually only the female hummingbird builds the nest (from my understanding).

Male House Wrens will build a nest of twigs in every available cavity in his territory. If he is able to attract a mate, she will choose one of the nests and finish it with a lining of finer fibers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back