• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rainy FL weekend - 3 new birds (1 Viewer)

AGPank

South Florida was in a rainout weekend. I decided to make the best of lulls in the weather to test my new hiking pack and strapping my child carrier to it and getting my toddler some fresh air.

Saturday was at Vista View Park. I spent the time trying to get some basics of showing a 3-yr old how to look through binoculars. I would focus on a target and hand him binos and let him see the target.
cdd4c4b3ad7df3ee61ce8f387e015854.jpg

We saw flicks of white ibis and glossy ibis (glossy were a first for me). We saw many grackle, a green heron, a great egret, and a couple ducks I didn’t take time to identify.

Sunday was at another local park Secret Woods Nature center. The trails were flooded and I wasn’t expecting much, fresh air.

We saw two yellow crowned night herons (first time) who were out eating land crabs.

bc0977f3f6952579a364d9f37c8e3676.jpg

d66dbacb6ade0410eb91772c236ca2b9.jpg

5334f9d562b22bf3924785e2e7fd1c42.jpg

My son was hoping to spot a sea creature along the river and I told him we had to be quiet to see them. He then heard a knock coming from the woods. I then spotted two pileated woodpecker (another first).

52bab5a973b137561f4057e13291a4b1.jpg

b7a0678190d63593b39cd0a82a1d46bc.jpg

Not the best pics, but the best I could do with my iPhone X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always nice to get them started young. ;) Congratulations on the lifers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back