• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Talamanca Reserve (1 Viewer)

Hello to all.
I am in the final stages of planning my CR trip for December. Have already had some great advice on the forum about other places, but am now looking for some comments / observations about the Talamanca Reserve in San Gerardo Rivas. If anyone has birded the property in the recent past I would greatly welcome any tips regarding trails / lookouts, as the property is over 4000 acres and I will only have three days to explore.
Thanks in advance, Mark

am now looking for some comments / observations about the Talamanca Reserve in San Gerardo Rivas. If anyone has birded the property in the recent past I would greatly welcome any tips regarding trails / lookouts, as the property is over 4000 acres and I will only have three days to explore.

Have birded in the Talamancas only west of the Inter-American Highway, but each such trip has been quite productive. Hope you'll post a report.

Would guess that Patrick O'Donnell or Randall Chaves Ortega might prove worth consulting (and perhaps retaining for at least one of those three days).

Gary H

I haven't birded right at that site but have near there. Looks good, you should see a lot just checking the place out. Try for Costa Rican Brush Finch- a skulker, prefers ravines with thick vegetation.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back