• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anchicaya River Basin, Colombia (1 Viewer)

rowebird87

Near Cali, Colombia. Need help on identifying, please. These are all from July 2016.

Attachments

• anchicaya-2.jpg
    anchicaya-2.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 47
  • anchicaya-3.jpg
    anchicaya-3.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 48
  • anchicaya-4.jpg
    anchicaya-4.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 43
  • anchicaya-6.jpg
    anchicaya-6.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 38
  • anchicaya-7.jpg
    anchicaya-7.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 49
Lemon-rumped Tanager
Woodnymph or Violet-bellied Hummingbird?
Rufous Mourner or Rufous Piha, I get more of a mourner gest. from this one but not sure
Black Phoebe
Green Honeycreeper and ?

Think Green-crowned Woodnymph gets my vote. Don't think violet-bellied is in range; steely-vented would have red in the bill, I believe. For 3, suggest rufous mourner. The photo shows all of the following i think (from the Cornell neotropical birds website) : "some-what darker rufous crown and darker brown wings edged with cinnamon rufous. The iris is brown; bill, which has a hooked tip, is black at the tip with a paler base"

3 / Rufous Mourner. There is a twig in front of it but still it appears to have a bill too long and thin for the mourner.

2 / Hummingbird. Having been living in Cali, I've seen a bunch of Steely-vented Hummingbirds daily, it is abundant. Plumage is terribly variable and I got stuck many times with them. For sure, lower mandible is not always red. The blue "belt" of op bird disturbs me though, and the wings really look long, but hard to judge on this single short. I'm not sure, but the default species is Steely-vented and it can be one for me.

1 / Flame-rumped Tanager. Formerly a subspecies of Lemon-rumped Tanager, Flame-rumped is common around Cali while Lemon-rumped does not occur.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back