• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peter Abrahams has died (1 Viewer)

WJC

Moments ago, I learned Peter Abrahams of the Portland Area recently passed away on a trip to California. Peter was a past president of the Antique Telescope Society and was currently the head of the Binocular History Society, which is probably the largest repository of esoteric binocular history on the planet. I am deeply saddened.:-C

Bill

dries1, post4,
In case you do not know: Peter Abrahams was the founder of the highly informative web-site: home.europa.com/~tescope/binotele and as far as I remember chairman of the Antique Telescope Society.
He also played an important role in/for the Binocular History Society and with his activities he has given many many binocular and telescope users and historians immense valuable information and pleasure.
Gijs van Ginkel

Gijs,

Yes, I read some of his work when I was researching the view through high powered binoculars VS a telescope. I just made the comment that he was traveling from Bills post. I take it he was still active in his work.
His writings will always be there for us all.

A.W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back