• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon ED50 phonescoping with 27x DS Wide (1 Viewer)

Rick_W

Hopefully the title makes sense

Any idea which case/adapter out there would work?

Dont want to use a camera as have the phone on me all the time

Rick,

One of my local birding buds uses the ED 50 (I think with the zoom though) to phonescope regularly. He uses the Phone Skope adapter/case for his setup...along with their bluetooth shutter release. They have all of the adapters/cases pre-made for existing spotting scope eyepieces.

i saw that but i couldnt figure out if there was a model which fit the 27x ds same with the kowa products which look very nice

i saw that but i couldnt figure out if there was a model which fit the 27x ds same with the kowa products which look very nice

Do you mean the Kowa Smartphone adapter? If yes, you would need to buy one of the additional rings to fit your DS eyepiece. This pdf lists one of the rings being compatible with DS eypieces (the bottom one): http://www.kowaproducts.com/kowa-iphone-compatibility-scopes-april2016.pdf

I use the Kowa adapter on my Swaro scope. Works great.

does anyone know where to get the adaptor ring? I can see the case on Amazon (expensive isnt it?)

Anyone got any pics with this combo?

Hi Moocher, are you using 27x DS Wide too? From what I tried, it took some distance like 1-2cm for camera lens to be in good fit the the eyepiece. Does Novagrade provide such distance?
Sorry I don't use the Nikon ED50 scope and have no experience of it so not able to give any advice on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back