• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unkown insect, London UK (1 Viewer)

Jonno52

John (a bad birdwatcher)
Supporter
United Kingdom
Rather than speculate, I'll just ask if anyone knows what this is. No more than an inch long I suppose. There were two or three of them. Photographed from my window this afternoon in south London.

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• Insect 4828.jpg
    Insect 4828.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
It's a Harlequin Ladybird larva. I've seen hardly any this spring or indeed any ladybirds. Just had a 10-spot this week.

It's a Harlequin Ladybird larva. I've seen hardly any this spring or indeed any ladybirds. Just had a 10-spot this week.
I'm not surprised it's a Harlequin, thanks a lot for confirming it. In past years we've had increasing numbers, and I was aware of the survey work on this rather less than welcome invasive species.

Thanks again aeshna5.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back