• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phonescoping with Sony Satio (1 Viewer)

Steven Astley

Thought I would try out phonescoping today with my Sony Satio (12 Mp) attached to my nikon ed82.
Made a doughnut shaped adpater that slips over the eyepiece to create a platform which the camera can be rested on to give good distance from lens.
Adapter was made by attaching the universal adaptor from my raynox dcr-250 macro lens (see http://raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr250/indexdcr250eg.htm) to a step ring.
Reckon photo quality is getting better, much better than the original 1 megapixel camera phones of yesteryear.
Anybody else tried phonescoping with the newer camera phones recently?

Attachments

• 24072010067-1.JPG
    24072010067-1.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 116
Have messed around with phones for quite a while now, best phone i have found so far for "Phonescoping" is the Nokia N95, it has basic camera controls, a big adavantage over the majority of phone cameras, a picture from last year hand held, your phone seems very suitable though Steve

Paul

Attachments

• Nightjar04062009900.jpg
    Nightjar04062009900.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 116
Nice shots Steven and Paul. I also had a N95 and with that I could take decent shots through the scope. My current phone, Nokia 5800, is much harder to digiscope with. But it is a better smartphone ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back